Forget the usual red + green if you're looking for a more unique Christmas theme then check out our HOT CHRISTMAS TABLE STYLING TRENDS!
Create a memorable festive feast combining the homespun charm of rustic Provence with French metal bistro chairs, mismatched cushions and an old wooden trestle table. Vintage jars, bottles or jugs filled with a small bunch of blooms from your garden, vintage dinnerware including plates, cutlery, glassware + tea sets. Rustic birdcages + unique Christmas ornaments make great table settings along with paper gift tags as table placements.
Create a natural Eco Chic Christmas by combining a botanical look with ferns, succulents, herbs, vegetables + atrium centrepieces. Brown paper table runners, natural linen napkins, chopping boards, branches, wooden baroque candle holders and zine gift tags as table placements are also fantastic additions.
Create a casual Hamptons Christmas by combining a predominately white colour palette with a pop of aqua blue, coral centrepieces, white blooms, glass nautical balls and rope.
For a more summery Christmas feel opt for prints such as the iconic Chevron print which looks great made up as overlays, table runners + napkins or for a bold statement go for bright neons including fluro yellow + hot pink which will give the traditional Christmas table a burst of new energy + life.
If you're more of a modern minimalist kind of host why not create an all white Christmas table, this too can be a bold statement but oozes plenty of elegance with an urban edge.
Here are our top 20 tips to style up your Christmas table setting...
1. Add a large coloured base plate called a charger plate. This will instantly give your table a lift!
2. Place individual chalkboards under each setting with the guests name written in chalk.
3. Make your own personalised menus and place them on mini clipboards. This will instantly give your lunch/dinner soiree that restaurant feel.
4. Decorate your napkins + cutlery with ribbon, sprigs of rosemary or blooms wrapped in twine, apples, pine cones or place cards.
5. Last minute table decor can be found around your home or garden.
6. Grab fresh flowers or herbs from the garden and place then in vases, bottles, jars or jugs.
7. For a different Christmas wreath use feathers instead of greenery.
8. Use some of your Christmas Tree baubles in the centrepieces.
9. Style up your chairs by adding some coloured cushions or ribbon.
10. Add lemons, limes and other fruit and vegetables to your centrepieces.
11. Place some natural or hand painted pinecones in tall glass vases.
12. Use leaves as your place cards. Simply print your guest's names with white pen.
13. Add votives with flower heads and tea lights to the table.
14. Hang glass baubles around the room filled with flower heads or tea lights.
15. Add some coloured glassware to the table setting.
16. Attached place cards/tags to your napkins or chairs.
17. Treat your guests to a side table of fruit punches in old vintage drink dispensers.
18. Write the menu on a chalkboard or mirror.
19. Spoil your guests with a Christmas cookie or traditional sweet at their place setting.
20. Hang bright coloured floral arrangements over your table setting.
So now that we have all your Christmas table styling dilemmas sorted all you need to do is glaze the ham, peel the prawns, stuff the turkey and top up the bubbly!
Merry Christmas and Happy Festive Styling to you all!